Our client is a leading developer of ruggedized embedded computers used within the defence and military sectors. They are looking to hire a FPGA Engineer to join their R&D team.
- Conceive, experiment, and present modular architectural approaches for FPGA applications with an emphasis on re-use and testability
- Design new IP cores and firmware solutions for Mil/Aero products
- Lead the execution of the design, analysis, or evaluation of projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Responsible for overall communication of FPGA development progress and status
- Ensure the documentation of technical data generated by the assigned projects is consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Maintain project adherence to ISO/AS9100
Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% as required
Skills & Education
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Comprehensive experience developing using Verilog, System Verilog and/or VHDL
- Experience in FPGA/firmware development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Ability to apply digital design knowledge and principles to architect systems
- Expertise using a hardware description language such as VHDL, Verilog, or System Verilog
- Expertise with Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, or Microsemi devices and toolchains
- Expertise in FPGA timing constraint application and closure
- Expertise in hands-on integration and debug of FPGA-based systems
- Expertise with digital simulation such as Modelsim, Questa, or FGPA vendor simulation tools
- Expertise with in-circuit analysis using FPGA based logic analyzer tools
- Experience with embedded processor and System on a Chip development of FPGA devices
- Knowledge of encryption/decryption standards such as AES or RSA
- Knowledge of FPGA and board-level security and anti-tamper techniques
- Knowledge of industry standard interfaces and protocols such as AXI, PCIe, GigE, SPI, I2C, etc.
The company offers an excellent range of employment benefits and career development - please contact Faye on 07867 143608 for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted