Principal FPGA Engineer
Our client develops surveillance radar technologies and is looking to recruit a Principal level FPGA Engineer into their business. You will be responsible for FPGA developments from preliminary specification to verified design running on the target hardware. The Principal Engineer provides expert knowledge of electronic design, test and certification of systems based around advanced FPGAs. The Principal Engineer will also, in conjunction with the FPGA Engineering Manager, provide coaching, leadership and guidance to other Design Engineers.
- To use good engineering practice to produce Firmware for new, innovative and profitable products and solutions for the business.
- To support and enhance existing Firmware in accordance with business and commercial requirements.
- To be responsible for defining requirements for a feature/bug fix up to full system level; design and document a solution that meets the requirements; and, implement, test and verify the design meets the requirements with supported test evidence.
- To undertake design, implementation and debugging of VHDL based FPGA hardware.
- To undertake design and development of test benches and vectors to verify VHDL based FPGA.
- To write technical documentation including requirement specifications, test specification and functional description.
- To be able to use test equipment such as: oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, signal generators, etc. to test hardware on the bench running your implemented Firmware and verify it operates as expected.
- Mentoring of junior members of the team and providing construct feedback in code/document reviews.
- An excellent Masters or Bachelors Degree from a good university.
- 10 or more years' experience working on FPGA designs.
- Experience working on systems containing multiple FPGAs.
- Proven track record of analysing system requirements at the highest level and decomposing them into a suitable implementation for a product.
- Proven track record of producing designs on time and within budget.
- Good command of written and verbal English.
- Experience working on Radar or related DSP applications.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted