Carbon60 are currently recruiting for an experience supervisor/manager to manage the metal shop (welding and machinery) for an established manufacturing company based in Sutton. The position will be leading a team of 12 skilled welders and machine operators, 3 charge hands and one supervisor. This will have full responsibility for the day to day running of the full metal shop.
The successfully candidate will need to have experience managing a team covering coordination, scheduling, performance reviews and quality control.
Experience with most of the equipment used on site will be essential for this role as well, these include Press Brake, Punch Press, CNC machine (lathes and mills) TIG, MIG and spot welding.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Lead the way with LEAN manufacturing techniques and drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure production efficiency requirements are met (cost, time, quality)
- Plan staffing levels and rotas.
- Managing day to day personal issues.
- Planning work loads and production orders.
- conducting team performance reviews.
- Promote good housekeeping across the division.
- Liaise with stores department to ensure stock levels are maintained.
- Proven history of managing/leading teams of multi skilled workers.
- Have experience with at least some of the machinery but also welding.
- some previous experience with ERP/MRP IT systems.
- Ability to work in collaboration with other business managers.
- Be able to plan workloads and staff requirements.
- Have technical knowledge within machine shop and welding environments.
This is an excellent opportunity for either an experienced manager looking for a new challenge or a supervisor looking to take the next step up.
The company offers a generous salary, holiday, benefits and training opportunities.
Interview will be held shortly, for more information please contact the Carbon60 Engineering Office.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted