Principal Radar Analyst
Our client is a leading developer of marine navigation and surveillance radar products. They are looking to recruit a Principal Radar Analyst to be responsible for leading radar system analysis and modelling activities.
- Develop simulation models of radar and sub-systems in MATLAB
- Develop radar signal processing algorithms
- Radar performance prediction and assessment
- Co-ordinate field trials and data capture campaigns
- Use own modelling and radar system expertise, as well as knowledge extracted from other SMEs, to solve complicated cross-disciplinary technical challenges
- Support derivation of requirements and specifications as well as their verification & validation
- A Masters or Bachelor's Degree from a good university.
- Experience with MATLAB and digital signal processing
- Working knowledge of Radar or closely related applications (Sonar, Image Processing, Comms)
- Pulse Compression, Doppler Filtering, CFAR and Detection
- Radar Video or Image Processing, Plot Extraction and Tracking
- Phased Array Radar
Any cross-disciplinary knowledge and experience:
- Software Engineering (notably Embedded Software, Linux or FPGA)
- RF, Antenna or Radar Electronics
- Systems or Mechanical Engineering, Project Management
- R&D background (papers, patents or novel design contributions)
- Comfortable with hardware test and debug using lab equipment
- Experience of source control and issue tracking tools (e.g. git / JIRA)
- Other commonly-used programming languages such as Python, C/C++
This is an excellent opportunity to have input into new product development for a company that is a world leader in their field.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted