Requisition & Application Engineer
Our client specialises in the development and maintenance of thermal power generation. They are looking to recruit a Requisition & Application Engineer to work in the area of GTCC (Gas & Steam Turbine) reliability and performance improvement. The Application Engineers liaise with other Product development groups and members of the product delivery team in order to evaluate requirements and provide technology proposals and solutions that will meet end-user expectations for their particular application area.
- Working also in conjunction with the customer facing teams as the key technical advisor and product advocate for enhancement and upgrades of the power plant.
- The role will be required to work and support on Power & Energy service business (PESB) development solutions/products.
- The role is required to evaluate/feasibility of the PESB product applications for GTCC power plants.
- Working in conjunction with the customer facing teams as the key technical advisor and product advocate for enhancement and upgrades of the power plant.
- Required to undertake customer requirement analysis to create applications that respond to the customer needs and provide creative and innovative solutions to common and foreseen problems.
- The role is required to calculate performance evaluation of the PESB product applications for GTCC power plants and any other industrial applications.
- Liaison with regional and global engineering teams on PESB R&D projects.
- The Application Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issue, RFI, RFP, to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- The Application Engineer will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and developing enhancements, upgrades and modifications to the installed fleet.
- Required to prepare plant specific technical proposals for each customer on varies plants improvement solutions (Performance upgrades, reliability enhancements, plant life extensions.)
- A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in Thermal Power and Fluids or Mechanical Engineering or other closely related field.
- A strong background in the simulation and design of different types of gas turbines for aerospace, marine or industrial applications.
- Strong knowledge on thermodynamics and performance calculation.
- Strong knowledge on performance calculation of GT, GTCC and Steam turbine power plants.
- Past industrial experience with simulation of gas turbines technology topics.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability and adept at communicating with all levels of the organisation.
- Proficient technical report writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team having people with different cultures and nationalities.
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, simulation software
- Fluency in business English, knowledge of Japanese would be an advantage but not essential
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted