Carbon60 are currently recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing Manager for a fascinating company that design and manufactures special purpose machinery that incorporates lasers for precision engineering based just south of Oxford.
This position has become available to the continued success and expansion of the business and they are looking for and experienced assembly or manufacturing manager who can not only lead and motivate a team of electrically biased technicians but also help to increase productivity and be adaptive to find solution to any issues that may arise when producing bespoke machines.
Initially the Manufacturing Manager will be leading a team of approx. 7 but this could be expanded over time.
With the company developing into new markets the successful candidate will ideally have experience implementing new quality procedures and liaising across various departments such as Design teams to develop new processes and standards.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Managing a team of electrical biased engineers/technicians.
- Ensuring build times are met for all units.
- Scheduling of production plans
- Ensure quality standards are met (ISO9001).
- Assist with the implementation of new products and quality procedures.
- Liaise with other divisions within the business (Design, Mechanical, Test,)
- Work Closely with the stores department to ensure a consistent supply of parts and components.
- Find innovative solutions to any production issues that may arise.
- Conduct staff appraisal and performance reviews.
- Attend management meetings.
- Previous experience in a management level role within a production/engineering environment is essential for this position.
- Good working knowledge of electrical systems and leading a team of electrically biased engineers.
- Previous experience working on bespoke special purpose machinery is highly desirable.
- Solid background implementing change, new procedures (quality & build) and driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to adapt and overcome challenges.
- Confident in motivating a team, conducting staff performance reviews and planning staff requirements.
The company are looking for someone who is looking not only for a fresh challenge but someone who is looking to bring new idea to the table, push a team to be the best and have a genuine interest in the business.
A generous salary is on offer alongside a full benefit package, holiday and pension scheme.
Interviews for this position will be held shortly but for more information please contact the Carbon60 engineering team and ask for Craig.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted