Software Systems Engineer
Our client develops controls and instrumentation used on board large marine vessels. An exciting opportunity has arisen within their Defence business to join the Software Team on one of the UKs largest defence projects.
As a key member of the software team, this role will be to undertake a systems engineering based approach ensuring compliance with processes and procedures as well as the following of software lifecycles by the software team in meeting the contractual, schedule and technical requirements of our customer.
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Produce and manage technical processes and procedures cognisant of industry standards such as ISO15288, IEC61508 and IEC61511
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Maintain software development to relevant lifecycles and ensure compliance.
- Manage the integration and collaboration with our customers, both technically and commercially.
- Validate software designs through analysis and test.
- Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
Skills & Experience
- We are looking for an engineer that has previous experience in managing and maintaining Software processes and procedures as well the adherence to lifecycles and plans.
- Previous experience of COTS control systems (PLCs and SCADA) would be advantageous.
Due to the nature of the systems being developed and the level of security clearance required for the role, we are only able to consider applications from sole UK passport holders. Please contact Faye on 07867 143608 for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted