Our client is an innovative company that develops electronics controls and systems for their customers. They are looking to recruit a Technical Manager to manage the department to provide design and development activities for bespoke electronic control modules, security systems, instrument clusters and other electronic modules.
To fulfil this role we are looking for an individual who has managed engineering projects and come from a hands-on electronics and hardware design background. Automotive industry experience would be ideal although other industries can be considered with transferrable skills.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Manage and motivate a team of 6 multi-disciplined engineers/technician
- Provide detailed engineering and unit cost estimates for new projects
- Develop and manage detailed timing plans in MS project to support engineering development programmes
- Provide support to operations in form technical assistance, ensuring production documentation is generated in accordance with our TS16949 accreditation.
- Manage development programmes in line with automotive practices/systems keeping tight control over engineering resources
- Engage with customers on all aspect that relate to engineering, from initial concept through to production support
- Hold detailed design reviews and provide guidance where necessary
- Provide system support for customer specific processes CN's, PPAP, PSO, DVP&R, DFMEA etc.
Job Specific skills/ Qualifications
- Previous management experience within an electronics/engineering automotive environment.
- Qualified to at least HNC level in electronics or similar engineering discipline
- Have good hardware and software experience/understanding
- Must have a flexible and hands on approach where needed
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Good communication skills with colleagues and customers
- Good PC skills with good knowledge of MS office and project software
Please contact Faye on 07867 143608 to discuss further.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted