Manufacturing Engineer required on behalf of our Towcester based client. This is a permanent opportunity to join a global leader in rugged embedded systems.
- Ensure all products can be manufactured in a quality assured; reliable; scalable; and repeatable manner (removing process variability and risk). Prepare production routings / procedures and ensure accuracy to build.
- Design, deployment and ownership of manufacturing equipment & tooling.
- Support Continuous Improvement activity across the full product development and manufacturing life-cycle.
- Perform analysis of manufacturing defects / process failures to determine root cause & develop corrective actions.
- An interface between the Engineering and Manufacturing functions to develop and introduce new, or enhance existing manufacturing solutions / processes.
- Attend NPI and design reviews; provide product / manufacture development recommendations for new, existing and emerging products and technologies (ensure NPIs are released to time and budget).
- Conduct DFMEA / PFMEA reviews with respect to new / existing products, manufacture and technology deployment.
- Guide the Manufacturing Engineering Technicians in the ways of Manufacturing Engineering
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks in and around the Manufacturing Environment as laid out by the Manufacturing Engineering manager
- Degree in Manufacturing Engineering (and/or suitable technical equivalent).
- Good level understanding of IPC-A-610 Class 3 and J-STD-001
- Working knowledge of Surface Mount Assembly including Siemens Pick & Place with Si-Place, SPI, AOI, AXI, DEK Screen Printers & Reflow profiles
- Working knowledge of Conformal Coating & Underfill and Overfill machines
- Strong capability in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Use of MRP and ERP systems (including use of SAP).
- Project management experience in a technical discipline.
- A high level understanding of modern electronic circuit card and/or system assembly techniques including mechanical assembly and procedures
- Proven track record in a related Manufacturing Engineering role within a dynamic manufacturing environment (an influencer and motivator of others).
- Ability to collect, interpret, and analyze data (skilled at effective problem resolution).
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills across all levels (written & oral).
MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SC CLEARANCE
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search