Regional Sales Director
Regional Sales Director required on behalf of our North London based client. The successful Regional Sales Director responsible for the sales of the UK produced Ground Based Surveillance Radar products to customers globally. They will take ownership of the whole sales process from prospect identification, through qualification, presentation, proposals, negotiation and finally closing the sale. Post sales activities and support to ensure the contracted goods are delivered as contracted are also required.
- Identify and prioritise key markets
- Meet targets established by Sales Forecasts for allocated products, and plan and execute the sales activities to deliver the forecast
- Responsible for the achievement of annual order intake, revenue and margin targets and maintain customer contacts in allocated territories & identify new opportunities, markets and services
- Key account management
- Negotiate and agree contracts within assigned limits of authority
- Understand customer requirements and advise on system features & design
- Input data into company system to feed the sales forecast
- Utilise the Company system to produce reports of sales vs targets
- Use the software tools supplied to prepare quotations for new and existing customers
- Make presentations to both external and internal customers
- Liaise with Overseas marketing channels as required
- Liaise with and advise other functional Departments as necessary to ensure the Business' output is customer focussed, timely and to an appropriate quality
- Provide and maintain data to support the Marketing Databases
- Represent / act as an ambassador for the Business at all levels (working levels to senior hierarchies)
- Formulate sales strategies and priorities in the British and Overseas defence markets
- Manage / appoint Counterparties and/or distributors as necessary
- Collate reports for monthly meetings to clearly show progress against plan
- Attend conferences and exhibitions, meeting with customers and partners, including travel abroad when required
- Experience in selling battlefield sensors into various military users and/or experience in selling high value sensors into Critical Infrastucture applications
- Proven track record in dealing with NATO land forces procurement, including CONOPS of the application of the radar sensor products
- Experienced in a senior sales position, supporting departmental activity
- Commercial acumen, preferably with experience of departmental forecasting & P&L responsibility
- Ideal candidates will have a land based forces background, or been involved in the wider defence industry
Travel within the UK and overseas is often required, sometimes at short notice.
Please note, you will be expected to travel to the office based office at least once or twcie a week, so will need to be commutable to North London.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search