Head of Compliance
Our client is a leading developer of surveillance and navigational products that they export to customers worldwide. They are looking to recruit a Head Of Compliance to provide guidance, assistance and technical support to all areas of the business. You will be required to interact with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and to maintain a detailed understanding of the control regimes, and the changes that are introduced, such that they can guide the necessary changes to activities, to give effect to such changes.
The post holder will act as the practical lead with respect to the implementation of, and compliance with relevant group policies, in particular those relating to Competition Law, Anti-Bribery, Export Controls, Embargoes and Denied Parties, Corporate Tax Avoidance and the related underlying legislation.
The post holder will have in-depth knowledge of, and practical experience in, the administration and application of international and national trade controls, including UK/EU and US control regimes.
- Interface with regulatory departments, including UK Export Control Organisation; DIT; HMRC; MoD; HM Treasury
- Interface with external advisers
- ECCN identification of goods to be supplied for export/re-export
- UK & EU: MoD F680s, Rating Enquiries, Individual and Open Export Licence Applications, SPIRE administration
- US ITAR & EAR: DDTC Registrations, Commodity Jurisdiction Requests, Licence Applications, Technology Transfer Agreements; OFAC: Sanction regimes and Specially Designated Persons
- Denied Party Screening - full implementation and maintenance, including adjudication on "hits" identified by our installed screening software
- The job holder will assume personal responsibility for preparing and submitting licence applications with respect to transactions identified as being particularly complex or sensitive
- Significant demonstrable experience in the majority of the key areas
- Good communicator - able to assess and adjust presentation and content to target audience
- Independent-minded - whilst effectively contributing to a team, willing and able to draw attention to unaddressed or unresolved issues and significant residual risks
- Pragmatic and commercially alert - effective at identifying and assessing risk, mitigations and risk management
- Experienced in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, plus Microsoft Project (or similar)
- Degree Level or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of practical experience in managing aspects of compliance
- Formal legal training would be an advantage
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted