Principal Naval Radar Sensor Product Engineer
Our client is a leading developer of radar sensor products. They are looking to recruit a Principal Product Engineer to act as a subject matter expert and design authority for electro-mechanical subsystems of Radar Sensor products.
- In conjunction with the project manager, responsible for cost and schedule adherence of Radar Sensor product development
- Responsible for verification and compliance of Radar Sensor products
- Responsible for the quality of design of Radar Sensor products
- Responsible for controlling change to Radar Sensor products
- Undertake additional project tasks as required by the Chief Engineer
- Provide technical liaison with other functions within the business, as required
- Travel within the UK and overseas may be required, and is considered an occasional feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Electrical Safety in Radar Sensor products
- Mechanical Safety in Radar Sensor products
- Compliance to Environmental Legislation of Radar Sensor products
- Generate Context Diagrams and Block Diagrams for products
- Generate internal and external Electrical schematics for products.
- Generate Product Breakdown Structures for products.
- Generate or oversee generation of Functional Breakdown Structures for products.
- Oversee the generation of mechanical drawings for products.
- Oversee the generation of compliance evidence through simulation for products.
- Oversee the Environmental Testing of Naval Radar Sensor products.
- Oversee the delivery, review and release of product manuals/handbooks.
- Support the generation and maintenance of Naval Radar Sensor product roadmaps
- Support or coordinate the definition and specification of Naval Radar Sensor products
- A University Degree (BEng or MEng) in Electronic, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (Other technical qualifications supported by time served, demonstrable competence and performance may be acceptable).
- Sound knowledge of computers including hardware and software with the ability to use various software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel is essential
- Full clean driving licence and valid passport
- At least five years' experience of design and manufacture of products incorporating electro-mechanical sub-systems.
- Preferably at least five years' experience in the design of products incorporating switching power supplies, in the continuous power capacity range of 500W to 5kW.
- Knowledge and ability to specify gearboxes and/or other drive-train components such as belts and pulleys is essential.
- Knowledge and ability to specify, configure and test Power Electronics under dynamic loads, such as power supplies and motor drives is essential.
- Knowledge and ability to specify, configure, characterise and test control loops is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) design and testing is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and ability to specify and test electronics cooling structures is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical circuit simulation is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with FEA, CFD for aerodynamics forces, and thermal modelling is desirable.
- Experience with radio frequency products (such as Radar, broadcast or telecoms infrastructure) is desirable
- Knowledge of Product Engineering Lifecycle is essential
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering practices is desirable
- Experience of taking Industrial Electronic, Electrical or Electromechanical products into manufacture is desirable
- Proven ability in estimation and planning of (preferably team) Engineering activities is desirable
- The ability to walk 300-400 metres with a tool kit, possible weight of 10 Kilos
- The ability to walk up the equivalent of 10 flights of stairs, then could be a further 10 metres on a ladder
- Able to work at heights could be up to 40 metres
- Able to harness yourself to the mast and commence service activities
- The ability to work in tight spaces, needing to twist and manoeuvre your body
Due to the nature of their business, our client is only able to consider applicants who are eligible for UK security clearance - please contact me for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted