Senior Buyer required on behalf of our North London based client. The client in question are a global leader in the manufacturing and supply of maritime navigation and surveillance radar systems. Reporting into the Procurement Manager, the Senior Buyer will be expected to strengthen the current skill base within Procurement to maximise on profit and cash flow by providing a lead role in the purchase of strategic commodities and facilities. Also to provide advice and guidance to more junior members of staff in the department.
- Procurement of assigned key and strategic commodities of materials to meet the Manufacturing Programme at best value and to the given quality levels
- Maintain a balanced level of inventory against the Manufacturing Programme
- Meeting the make-to-order requirements of the Operations Business whilst minimising inventory exposure use of supplier owned consignment stock
- Identify and recommend global sourcing opportunities
- Contribute to and provide leadership in value streaming improvement programmes as required.
- Contribute to new product introduction projects as require
- Providing support and advice to other members of Procurement team relating to best practice of the Procurement activity
- Any other tasks associated with this role as required by the needs of the procurement and logistics manager.
- Negotiate various site facility contracts on an annual basis and to budget.
- Meet all KPI's set for the department by the manager in terms of on time delivery, MPV and PPV.
- To be fully aware at all times of the commodity costs and values of base materials and currencies.
- Benchmark all suppliers at least once per annum to ensure best cost.
- Be fully aware of the difference between price and cost.
- Build relationships with our approved supply chain.
- Identify, qualify and recommend alternative suppliers for commodities for which you have responsibility.
- Work closely with the quality and supplier development team to ensure 100% quality of procured goods and services.
- HNC or equivalent in business related subject
- CIPS membership or studying for CIPS membership is desirable
- Experience within a purchasing role at Senior Buyer level
- Demonstrate experience of MRP, kanban, contract law, negotiation and working within a change culture organisation
- Demonstrate experience of working within teams
- Very good communication skills
- Has a "can do" attitude to solving problem
- Possesses drive, initiative and flair in order to anticipate and take appropriate action to maximise profit and cash
- Possesses the desire to recommend and implement change within the supply chain
- Willingness to travel on company business both in the UK and abroad at short notice.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted