Senior RF Design Engineer
Our client is a leading developer of RF systems used for surveillance and countermeasure solutions. They have a small but multi-disciplined engineering team and are looking to recruit a senior level RF Design Engineer to join them.
The role of Senior RF Design Engineer is to take a design concept or idea, produce the specification to match the overall system requirement and then take responsibility for that design through to production and provide on-going support.
- RF system architecture and circuit design
- Provide support and input to the System Design function
- Familiarity and experience with industry tools such as Cadence AWR Microwave office and Ansys HFSS
- Schematic Design and PCB layout (Altium)
- Design of linear high power wide band RF amplifiers up to 200watts using for example, GaN and LDMOS technology
- RF simulation using large and small signal models
- Design of associated DC supplies including switch mode power supplies (SMPS) and DC sequencing circuitry for power amplifiers.
- LNA, Down-converter and Up-converter Design
- Design of filters
- Transmitter and Receiver Design
- Design of antennas
- A working knowledge of analogue and digital electronics
Qualifications & Training required:
- Degree qualification in an engineering or science discipline
- A proven track record of taking designs through prototype stage to production and a practical 'hands on' approach with knowledge of bench tuning and RF measurement techniques essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and inter-departmental skills.
- The attainment of SC clearance with no caveats.
- Design experience and a thorough understanding of RF communication systems/products
- Practical experience of testing prototype RF circuitry using standard RF laboratory equipment
- Proven track record using Cadence AWR Microwave Office and Ansys HFSS
- Schematic design and PCB layout experience
- Excellent knowledge of the latest RF components and technologies.
- Able to develop initial ideas and prototype them quickly
- Provide documentation such that testing can be done effectively by others for production use.
- Experience of design in the defence or aerospace sector
- Good understanding of digital modulation techniques particularly COFDM
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted