UK Software Sales Manager
Our client is a provider of telemetry, monitoring & control devices and analytics software solutions into different sectors. They are looking to hire a UK Software Sales Manager to focus on Business Optimisation and Analytics solutions for the UK water sector.
This will be a home based role with frequent travel within the UK.
- Managing and expanding business within your designated accounts, and target accounts. With a focus on new business development.
- Ownership of a sales target for Business Optimisation, Data Analytics software and the associated services project and support work.
- Maintaining an in depth understanding of the UK Water Sector and using this knowledge to align Solutions and Services to solve business challenges within the sector.
- Understanding and maintaining regular contact throughout the sales cycles which usually have a relatively long duration
- Acting as a business partner and single point of contact throughout the sales process
- Collaborating closely in the development and management of growth strategies
- Managing the pipeline of opportunities, active engagement and maintenance of CRM
- Ownership of pursuits to sales close
- Leading on bids and proposals where appropriate and working with other internal stakeholders to produce compelling proposals.
- Bringing operational support including technical advice, supporting of the preparation of commercial offers, sales support, customer support, etc.
Skills & Experience
- Previous successful sales experience in selling solutions to major public utilities and/or infrastructure companies is essential to this position
- Major Bid management (>£1m), co-ordination and project delivery skills
- Experience of creating and implementing value-based sales strategies using a combination of products and services to deliver desired customer business outcomes
- Experience in some of; Analytics Software, Industrial Automation and SCADA telemetry
- Established relations and contacts at decision making level within UK Water companies.
- Experience both in working with delivery partners and in selling directly to end customers
- You should be an aggressive persistent hunter, with a structured approach to win new customers and cross and upsell to existing customers with an ability to break into new market segments and adjacencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of customer organisations
- Able to listen effectively to customer challenges and translate into development roadmaps and solution selling strategies.
- Knowledge of Analytical Software Solutions for Industrial applications.
- Engineering/ Electronics/ Technical background
- Formal training in or understanding of formal account management techniques
- Degree qualification in a relevant industry preferred
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted