Programme Manager required on behalf of our North London based client within the defence sector. The successful Programme Manager will be required to take ownership of project execution of both customer-funded and development/production projects.
- Project Management of Projects allocated by Head of Bid and Project Management.
- Responsibility for successful Project execution taking into account cost, time, quality, customer satisfaction and company processes & standards
- Full ownership for the Projects and acting as single point of contact for all parties involved (internal & external) in the execution of the Project
- Liaison with customers to ensure the finished product meets the customer requirements.
- Lead the Project team in a matrix organization
- Identification of areas at risk in Project execution and implementation of measures to reduce and mitigate these.
- Liaison with all other departments and sub-contractors, to ensure efficient development and production of equipment/services to customers' requirements and delivery to agreed timescales.
- Reporting of general progress and financial status of Projects managed on a regularly basis.
- Full ownership of the commercial processing of the Project and preparation of financial data in an agreed format for presentation on a regularly basis to the management.
- Export compliance for equipment/services being delivered in accordance with appropriate guidelines.
- Support the Head of Bid and Project Management with PV Project management governance and continuous improvement.
- Assist Sales and Marketing in the preparation of bids for Projects.
- Review allocated incoming contracts to ensure Project is feasible before final signature of contract.
- Review estimates of Project costs and propose internal budgets for Project execution.
- Share and distribute information within the project team.
- Monitor Project progress against Project plan and Project spend against budget. Maintain an up to date forecast of costs to complete. Take corrective action to minimise overrun and overspend.
- Report Project progress and financial status on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate arrangements for Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test of deliverable equipment.
- Coordinate arrangements for despatch/delivery of equipment.
- Coordinate arrangements for installation, commissioning, training and trials of equipment if required by contract.
- Attend weekly Production/ Purchasing/ Shipping reviews to agree actions and maximise timely output.
- Travel within the UK and overseas may be required, and is considered an occasional feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- 5 years practical experience within a Project Management environment
- Experience in large scale projects, e.g. infrastructure, construction, IT infrastructure
- Experience in an Engineering development environment.
- Software development Project Management experience is highly desirable
- Experience of running Projects from conception, through implementation to closure
- Ability to manage and record budgets/spend and provide forecast information
- Sound customer care skills
- Additional languages are beneficial
- Good knowledge of contract management and international delivery transactions
- Good knowledge of Risk mitigation
- Financially and Commercially astute with focus on cost control
- Knowledge of Lifecycle Management
- Excellent report writing and presentations skills
- Knowledge of Military/ Naval, governmental contracts and processes would be beneficial
- University degree in Engineering; preferably major in Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent
- HND or PMP-PMI certification or equivalent degree level within Project management or equivalent experience.
- APM qualified would be advantageous
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted