Systems Engineer required on behalf of our North London based client for their Security Solution Business. The Security Solutions business produces integrated security solutions to Critical National Infrastructure, Border Forces, and Militaries all around the world. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the integration of sensors and subsystems across the entire lifecycle, from bids to delivery.
- Definition and delivery of Systems solutions for the Security Solutions business
- Technical support to Business development, including generating information to support bids, technical presentations to customers, generation of product specifications and attendance at customer meetings.
- Provide technical design solutions to support proposed system changes and bids ensuring appropriate compliance with customer, business and legislative requirements including safety.
- Adopt a consistent approach to systems engineering activities throughout the design life cycle.
- Take an active involvement in new product design, providing system level input from product definition through to release into production
- Maintain and support legacy/delivered systems including visits to customer sites and installations where necessary.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required, and is considered a frequent feature of this role. This could be required at short notice. It may also involve deployments of up to 4 weeks at a time.
- Assist in the development and specification of software features where required to meet system requirements
- Work with the Principal Systems Engineer to deliver projects & sub systems.
- Work with the bid team and sales to deliver technical inputs into bids for solutions.
- Work with internal development teams across multiple sites in various countries to implement changes and deliver projects to specification.
- Degree level qualification in Engineering / Mathematics / Science subject (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Knowledge of product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems and their practical application.
- Knowledge Multi Sensor system design and performance analysis
- Proven experience of integration and demonstration of equipment and subsequent acceptance by customer / end users
- Proven experience of sensor integration into varied platforms
- Proven technical skills, relating to effective systems engineering, practical application of quality assurance and configuration control, as well as appropriate document generation.
- Proven experience of working on multiple complex engineering programmes for both internal development (PV) and customer projects
- Good Knowledge of the Use of DOORS and Jira in order to track compliance to requirements and ensure accurate traceable completion of projects.
- Knowledge of Radar, RF devices, Communications systems, Networking or electro-optical camera solutions would be an advantage.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted