Cert Embedded Software Engineer
Our client is leading developer of open architecture embedded systems, used across defence and aerospace applications. They are looking to recruit a Cert Embedded Software Engineer to work across their Certified Solutions portfolio.
The scope of the Cert SW development work covers:
- Generating requirements for new products, porting and code development of Board Support Packages, drivers and firmware for new products
- Maintenance updates.
- Project documentation to comply with procedures, as well as customer documentation.
- Product support for customers and Manufacturing.
- Working closely with HW Engineering, other SW engineering and other disciplines.
- The role requires both HW and SW capabilities. The HW capabilities require the engineer to fully understand the operation of the HW. This is achieved by analysis of schematics, component data sheets and discussions with HW engineers. The Boards typically form part of systems connected via Industry standard backplane interconnect technology (VME, VPX, CPCI).
- Develop and maintain Board Support Packages and drivers, written in C and assembler.
- Capture and define High and Low Level Requirements
- Create and run unit tests to prove coverage of source
- Be a review authority for the DO-178 compliance review of artifacts
- Follow company design procedures relating to the development of software
- Use development processes for safety certifiable products
- Provide customer support with documentation to support the software product.
- Communicate status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Software Development Processes
- Experience with DO-178 certifiable Operating Systems such as: VxWorks653, Deos, LynxOS-178C, INTEGRITY-178
- A strong understanding of "C" and assembly programming.
- Experience of the DO-178 lifecycle data and artefact creation
- Experience of using Requirements Tools such as DOORS
- Experience with several compilers/cross compilers build environments, such as GCC
- A strong understanding of computer architectures and hardware design. With knowledge of one of the following: NXP (Freescale) T-series, P-series, PowerPC, ARM or Intel Architecture (i7).
- Strong problem-solving and creative, solution-building skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment with Strong verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of Linux, as a software development environments.
- Knowledge of backplane interconnect architectures such as VME, CPCI, VPX, IPMI.
Previous experience with using software tools such as:
- Source code analysis tools (VectorCast, QAC, Klocwork)
- Source code repositories (Perforce)
- Collaborative tools (Atlassian toolset, JIRA, Confluence)
- Continuous integration server, like Jenkins
- Awareness of Agile / Scrum methodologies.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible for security clearance. The position can accommodate some home working but will need to be in the Towcester office at least a couple of days per week so must be commutable.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted