Software Engineer required on behalf of our Towcester based client.
Embedded Software Engineer developing software and firmware for embedded Single Board Computer products. In this role, you will develop, implement and validate embedded software components such as firmware, device drivers, Board Support Packages (BSPs) and I/O fabric frameworks. You will produce and support high-quality products to exacting software engineering standards for demanding customers. Source code is managed via source code repository and is regularly verified using static code analysis tools and code peer reviews.
- Produce firmware, device drivers, Board Support Packages (BSPs) and associated software components for use with RTOS supported by the product range, such as VxWorks, Integrity, LynxOS. DEOS.
- Perform customer support and issue resolution resulting in the production of maintenance releases.
- Perform software migration to support new versions of the RTOS's they support.
- Develop key expertise and drive best practice within the Software development team.
- Communicate development status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion
- Produce internal documentation for assigned tasks consistent with engineering procedures
- Produce draft customer documentation for processing and deployment by Tech Publications group
- Participate in continuous improvement of Software Development Processes
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Software Development Processes
- Degree (2.1) (or equivalent experience) in Electronics, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Strong understanding of modern Real-Time Operating Systems
- Strong Real-Time Embedded Software skills
- Strong understanding of C
- Strong problem-solving and creative, solution-building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Understanding and interest in applying embedded software and electronic hardware to military and aerospace products.
- Knowledge of assembler language
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Awareness of modern computer architectures
- Knowledge of BIOS/UEFI development
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted