Carbon60 are currently working with a leading systems integration & automation company based in Telford to recruit an experienced Senior Mechanical Project Engineer with a background in design engineering to join an already established team of engineers and become the lead mechanical authority for projects from conception through to completion.
Projects that this company work on will range from a new automated production line and special purpose machinery to specialist robotics projects.
What we are looking for is someone who is keen to lead a team and be responsible for the technical delivery of projects but also be able to design new concepts for customers from a mechanical perspective working closely with the electrical designers and engineers to achieve the end goal.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Gather information to gain a full understanding of a customers requirements.
- Provide technical support for sales teams.
- Complete concept design for sales proposals
- Complete detailed design for projects including layout, assemblies, components.
- Carry out risk assessment.
- Supervision of a full team of engineers.
- Mentoring apprentice/junior engineers.
- Collaborate with the wider project team on electrical controls design.
- Develop new internal processes and standards.
- Support the FAT's, SAT's and commissioning.
- Identification and procurement of long lead items.
- When required outsourcing mechanical manufacturing.
- Previous experience within a mechanical design or mechanical project engineer role will be essential.
- knowledge of mechanical engineering in relation to automation and controls systems is highly desirable.
- Ability to lead a team of multi-skilled engineers.
- Ability to design products from customer requirements.
- History of working on a variety of projects.
- Confident in the ability to train and guide other engineers.
- Good problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and solo.
This is an excellent opportunity for either an experienced engineer looking for a new challenge or someone looking to take the step up into a senior level position, this role will provide the ability to be part of a business who are rapidly expanding.
This Senior Project Engineer role will be on a straight permanent basis with the company offering a generous salary and package/benefits.
Some travel will be required within this role to customer sites.
Interviews will be held shortly.
For more information please contact the engineering team at Carbon60
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted