Carbon60 have exciting new positions for several Engineering Technicians for a Permanent role based at London Heathrow Airport.
As an Engineering Technician your role will be to deliver a safe high quality, reliable engineering and maintenance service to the assets and facilities of Heathrow Airport. This includes completion of work in accordance with legislative standards, best practice, company polices and processes, whilst placing the passenger and customer at the heart of everything we do, making every journey better.
- City and Guilds or ONC/HNC appropriate Engineering discipline. Core disciplines being Electrical, Mechanical, Electronic, Building Services / HVAC. - certificate to be provided with application
- Accredited Technician apprenticeship scheme or equivalent experience. - certificate to be provided with application
- The ability to gain a security pass for a UK Airport
- Full UK driving licence is desirable, including the ability to obtain and maintain airside licences and permits.
Salary and Working times
£35,500 to £37,500 depending on experience
£5,000 shift premium
Shift are 4 days on 4 days off, 2 days 2 nights - 7am to 7pm
- Undertake planned and reactive maintenance tasks on assets in accordance with allocated target dates to maximise availability and meet agreed service levels.
- Continually improve asset performance by investigating faults or poor performing assets and implement appropriate remedial action.
- Timely completion of work orders and accurate capture of maintenance history (work orders, spares information and similar) and update other records to meet business, regulatory & statutory requirements.
- Always operate safely. Adhere to procedures and proactively spot hazards to reduce risk and ensure a safe working environment and playing an active part of driving a positive health and safety culture for all.
- Coach or train others, including colleagues and apprentices.
- Utilisation of current and emerging technologies to support the business driving efficiency.
- Undertake all duties with consideration of asset management best practice including working towards best whole life cost, collecting, collating, and reporting on asset condition and identification of improvements to maintenance practice.
- Responsible for the timely ordering of spares and replacement defective components as required enabling effective resolution of tasks to enable closure, within skill set.
- Flexible to working across a variety of Engineering locations and departments as required.
- Responsible for the safe and effective acceptance handover of minor works or local project areas as required. Oversee and audit quality and standards of contractor's work, under the direction of the Team Leader or Duty Engineer.
- Responsible for ensuring skills and competencies required to perform technician duties are maintained through identification of requirements, attendance at training courses and participation in competency management activities.
- Provide an excellent customer experience by communicating with key stakeholders.
For more information regarding this position please call 01329 227009 or e-mail Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted