Mechanical CAD Designer
Our client is leading developer of controls and instrumentation used in applications in the maritime defence sector. They are looking to hire a Mechanical CAD Designer into their team.
Please let us know if you would be looking for a hybrid flexible working solution, as this is something they are willing to consider.
- As part of the Hardware Mechanical Team and just one of many disciplines inputting information forward to the Project Manager as part of a much larger team effort where progress will be monitored by Project Controllers and Programme Managers.
- Lead all design activities involved with 3D CAD Modelling from Concept, Development through Prototyping and Production by the generation of Assembly Drawings, Detail Drawings and Bill of Material (BOM) creation.
- Prepare documentation for the successful delivery of design reviews (PDR/CDR) in conjunction with Principal Mechanical Engineers in accordance with the programme schedule.
- Ensure that all detail drawings conform to Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GT&D) in accordance with BS8888.
- Ensure that all changes are captured on Development Change Notes (DCN) and Production Changes Notes (CN) and implemented into the drawing set and BOM's to maintain the current status of the build standard going forward.
- A high proportion of the Mechanical design work will be based around Electronic Packaging of outstations which will be situated in various parts of the boats with varying requirements.
- Where appropriate undertake visits to subcontractors to agree designs or investigate any problems arising in the manufacture of the hardware.
- Ensure that all work presented to Principal Engineers for approval has been checked so that approval is simplified and this will achieve minimal level of corrections.
- Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Standards of Conduct and contractual processes.
- Have awareness of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management requests.
- Good working knowledge of Creo Elements 3.0 and Windchill PDM Link 11.0
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD 2020 & Autodesk Inventor 2021
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Industry experience within Marine/Mechanical/Electro Mechanical/Apprenticeship
- Knowledge of workshop practice.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of engineering materials and processing.
- Ability to perform manual calculations.
- Clearance requirements: Post-holder must hold and maintain UK Government clearances where require
- Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage about what may be possible
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted