Electronics Engineer - Basingstoke
As part of a small engineering team based in Basingstoke, the senior embedded engineers own the design, validation and productionisation of (primarily) automotive electronics modules throughout the whole lifecycle of the product. The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem solver with attention to detail and an organised mindset.
- Full lifecycle development from initial concept through to productionisation
- Embedded Software development in C
- Digital and Analogue Electronics development
- Working with customers and suppliers to resolve technical issues
- Requirements capture and analysis
- Driving verification and validation activities
- Preparation of data-packs for cross-function design reviews
- Working in accordance with company quality standards including ISO9001, IATF 16949 and ISO14001
- Test equipment (including production test) design and lifetime support
- Supporting PCB production and module assembly
- Good degree in electronics/software engineering or similar
- Experience of completing several full life-cycle developments
- Bare-metal bring-up of microprocessor/microcontrollers and supporting hardware
- Coding, testing and documenting low-level drivers of MCU peripherals.
- Strong fault-finding and troubleshooting skills on both new designs and in supporting legacy systems
- Design for EMC and environmental testing, with experience of managing test houses and resolving compliance issues
- Design for manufacture and test with familiarity in modern PCB assembly and test techniques
- Automotive background preferred with familiarity of automotive standards and legislation
- Well-structured and documented coding techniques, preferably using MISRA C
- Schematic capture and PCB layout in Altium
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software aspects of communication buses such as CAN, LIN, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Failure mode and Reliability Analysis
- Sensor design and signal conditioning techniques
- Hardware and software functional safety design and validation under ISO26262
- Appreciation of mechanical design, particularly injection moulded plastics
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search