Director of Manufacturing Engineering
Our client is a leading developer of Optronic solutions for Defence & Aerospace applications. They are looking to hire a Director of Manufacturing Engineer to lead the Manufacturing Engineering team and oversee all manufacturing processes across their site.
Examples of products that they develop are: head up displays for commercial airliners, helmet mounted displays for 4th & 5th generation fast jet platforms, night vision for the dismounted soldier, and advanced electro-optics for airborne, maritime and vehicle platforms.
Please note that due to the nature of their business you will be required to undergo security clearance.
- Leadership Responsible for and leading the Manufacturing engineering team consisting of; Mechanical, electrical, Optical engineers, Jig and tool specialists and the estimating department.
- Procedures Being fully responsible and accountable for the entirety of manufacturing engineering activities and procedures. Driving a safety-first mind-set and ensuring compliance with the following: AS9100D, ISO45001 & ISO14001 Aerospace, Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards.
- Implement Systems delivering a manufacturing engineering system that fulfils all stakeholder requirements including Safety, Quality, Manufacturability, and our internal and external customer expectations.
- Develop Strategy Determine the strategic direction of the company's manufacturing engineering team, setting the plan for products, processes, and factory relationships with the goal of increasing efficiency and profitability
- Contribute to Product Development Accountable for process development, new product estimates, Jig and tool design, fabrication, and quotes, first article development, configuration change management, build process definition, and implementation.
- Provide Training Provide training for important topics such as risk mitigation, safety protocols, usage of new equipment, and industry best practices. Safety Drive a Safety-first approach for all employees operating within the business area through implementing safety programs with support and guidance from the Site HSE officer to improve safety performance. Influence Ability to influence people, build trust and establish effective working relationships within a global organisation Working knowledge of LEAN processes and practices.
It is essential that all candidates have the following:
- A PhD or MSc in manufacturing engineering or another suitable subject
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering. Working knowledge of quality system models such as, AS9100D
- Demonstrable experience of leading a successful manufacturing engineering department
- Proven knowledge and ability to implement LEAN and Six Sigma methodology, processes and practices.
- Experience of optical manufacturing processes.
Please contact Faye on 07867143608 for further information or a confidential chat.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search