Control Systems Line Manager
Our client is a world leader in the development of controls and instrumentation for Naval vessels. They are looking to hire 3 Control Systems Line Managers into their business to manage their own respective teams of engineers.
The company are happy to discuss hybrid working arrangements. Due to the nature of their business you will be required to undergo security clearance - please contact me for further information about this.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Control Systems Software is carried out correctly, as per company processes and procedures across all our programs.
- Direct line management responsibilities for a team of Engineers - including tasks such as (but not limited to) career development, talent management, performance management, resource and leave management.
- Hold regular 1-1 meetings with all team members to provide the opportunity to discuss development and career opportunities, and as well as listen to any worries or concerns they have, whether professionally or personally.
- Hold regular team meetings to flow down company information and discuss any issues or ideas for improvements.
- Ensure, by liaising with Project Managers that the teams' workload is suitably balanced, provide support to individuals if they are overloaded or a single point of failure for the team.
- Work with the Defence Software Manager, Software Leads, Business and Technical leadership to develop workforce plans, covering resourcing, training & development.
- Work with the Defence Software Manager to drive the recruitment for your team, to meet the capacity demanded by the workforce forecast with recruitment for available roles within the team.
Key Responsibilities - Technical
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Specify, design and test solutions for PLC & SCADA control systems.
- Manage data communications with third party equipment.
- Develop PLC & SCADA code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts or Pseudo Code.
- Validate software designs through analysis and test.
- Provide technical oversight of subcontractors.
- Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Provide input to project meetings and team briefings.
Competency/Skill requirements - Essential
- Must be a confident people manager with demonstrable experience. Previous people management experience is essential.
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal.
- Highly organised, self-managing, able to manage multiple activities at any one time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage effectively with all audiences/stakeholders at all levels in the organisation.
- A deep appreciation and understanding of the skillsets and work conducted by Control Systems Engineers, and the requirements of building and developing the skillsets for the department.
- Selection & Specification of COTS PLC & SCADA equipment.
- Design and integration of PLC & SCADA control systems.
- High Level Programming Language experience within SCADA environments.
- Production of technical documentation.
- Software development Lifecycles, processes and procedures.
- 10+ years in a Control Systems engineering environment.
- Proven experience in PLC control systems design and programming.
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. C&I engineering, Systems engineering.
- Experience of Large Infrastructure PLC & SCADA development.
- Systems engineering approach to software development.
- Experience with Object oriented programming languages like C++,C#, JAVA
- Design, and development of control / GUI software.
- Experience with unit test frameworks
- Siemens WinCC Open Architecture (OA)
- Understanding of industry standards such as BS EN 61508, 61511 and 61131.
- Experience within defence, maritime, aerospace, or a similarly regulated industrial sector (for example Oil & Gas, Pharma or PetroChem).
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search