Principal Civil Engineer
Principal Civil Engineer
As a Principal Civil Engineer you will help GHD on their mission to make water sustainable for generations to come. You will play a key role on supporting a future that genuinely benefits everyone. This role is based in one of our [GHD Regional UK Based] offices in Newcastle, York, Leeds, Manchester, Chester, Nottingham, London, or Guildford, but there's no borders when it comes to the projects, you'll work with our team who regularly working with our clients in Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East and beyond. Think of it as gaining international experience from your own backyard.
You will help achieve this mission by:
- Managing the delivery of projects or acting as discipline lead within a multidisciplinary team.
- Maintain client contact and ensure that project delivery meets the client's objectives and requirements.
- Ensuring that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and completed in accordance with agreed timescales and budgets.
- Undertake project delivery tasks, which may include calculations, drawings, sketches, and reports.
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist, where practicable, in mentoring and development of others.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines
We are looking for creative and curious people to help us succeed, this role also requires:
- Experience of Micro-drainage, TuFlow Flood Modeller Pro and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience of working within a 3D design environment and an ability to work to BIM protocols would be desirable
- Honours degree in Civil Engineering or suitable equivalent degree
- Chartered Engineer/Environmentalist or near Chartership (MICE or MCIWEM).
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales and budgets are met.
- Take responsibility for personal development and support the learning of others.
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills
Our water team are poised for growth in the UK market, with immediate work on exciting international projects. The opportunity is there to make a huge impact on the world.
Want to be part of it? Apply now.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search