Senior Civil Technician
Senior Civil Technician
As a Senior Civil Technician you will help GHD on their mission to make water, energy and urbanisation sustainable for generations to come. You will play a key role on supporting a future that genuinely benefits everyone.
This role is based in our UK based offices, located in Newcastle, York, Leeds, Manchester, Chester, Nottingham, London, or Guildford; but there's no borders when it comes to the project, you'll work with our team regularly working with our clients in Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East and beyond. Think of it as gaining international experience from your own backyard.
You will help achieve this mission by:
- Accountable for the completion of all designated work to programme and budget.
- Collaborating as part of the Engineering / Project team to provide the best solution for the client.
- To provide accurate Engineering design documentation in accordance with Standards and Procedures to an excellent standard.
- You will have a good awareness of HSEQ, including duties under CDM and best professional practice
- You will have excellent collaboration skills and the ability to build solid working relationships internally and with key stakeholders
- You will be committed to your own Professional and Personal Development, Competency and have an active interest in the Mentoring and Training of more junior members of the design team
You will need:
- Achieved or working towards an EngTech accreditation
- Experience with and design of some or all of the following: Process plant, Rotating Equipment, Highly proficient in Autodesk Civil 3D whilst having an understanding of other Autodesk Design Suite software packages.
- Autodesk Civil 3D Capability should include but not be limited to: -
- Surface modelling
- Pipe Networks
- Corridor modelling
- Cut and Fill
- Experience of Common Data Environments (CDE) and Collaborative Working Platforms
- Knowledge, interpretation and application of relevant client, industry standards
- Proven ability to build positive relationships across diverse teams and client groups
- Robust written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- A passion for design and innovation
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
- Able to work collaboratively to form strong working relationships with colleagues and clients).
- Be able to mentor and support less experienced members of the team
The opportunity is here to make a huge impact on the world. Want to be part of it? Apply now
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search