MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
MECHANICAL ENGIEERING TEAM LEADER
Tooling, Equipment and Process Design, Development and improvement
- Based on design brief or customer requirement, produce concept designs of tooling and equipment
- Carry out detailed design (fully and minimally dimensioned drawings) for low-volume high precision tooling parts and assemblies
- Attend and/or chair tooling and equipment design reviews with stakeholders
- Generate structured BoMs for manufacture and MRP System
- Perform controlled engineering experiments to validate tooling design
- Support optimisation requirements for existing/legacy product portfolio
- Work with NPI engineering to identify new tooling and equipment opportunities to enhance performance
- Identify and meet all compliance requirements
- Identify & propose improvements to product design and build processes
- Provide support to NPI and production personnel.
- Liaise with vendors to optimize design viability where necessary
- Provide support to the Sales, Customer Support and Product Management functions in bid preparation
- Observe and promote safe working practices at all times
- Ensure compliance with the company quality management systems
- Communicate deviations or risks to project plan or goals
- Protect company IP in line with agreed strategy
- Perform other tasks as directed
- Develops solutions and designs to satisfy mechanical requirements.
- Provides advice and engineering support in mechanical aspects of design.
- Gains an understanding of the products, processes and designs across the site's product range.
- Uses deductive reasoning to solve problems
- Works well as part of the Engineering Team in a supportive, collaborative, and co-operative manner.
- Manages own workload in order to complete allocated tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Practiced in the design and development process and procedures.
- Displays attention to detail in producing technical documentation.
- Correct interpretation, understanding and application of a wide variety of technical documents including drawings, work instructions and test procedures.
- Keeps track of multiple tasks and projects.
- Capable of interrogating the company's IT networks and databases.
- Higher National or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline, or equivalent vocational training in a relevant industrial environment
- Solid experience in the concept and detailed design of machined parts
- Knowledge of design for manufacture principles
- Ability to demonstrate inventive thinking and an innovative approach to problem solving, from top-level concept to piece-part design
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques appropriate to small batch production
- Hands-on experience of 2D and 3D CAD systems and PDM
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to demonstrate
- Knowledge of opto-mechanical principles and kinematic techniques
- (D & P)FMEA analysis
- Familiarity with ISO 9001
- Knowledge of engineering workshop theory and practice
- Application of geometrical tolerancing fundamentals
- Experience with design of parts for high-precision, high-stability (mechanical & thermal) assemblies
- Experience of low-outgassing materials in high vacuum applications
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search