Network Engineer - Control Systems
Network Engineer required on behalf of our client based near Wimbledon.
The software team is part of the Control Systems group within the Engineering department. The team provides software design and development expertise for maritime control and instrumentation systems throughout the product lifecycle.
As a key member of the software engineering team, this role will be to deliver software artefacts associated with industrial networking and communications whilst working to a full software development lifecycle through process and procedural activities.
- Write Functional and Design specification for all aspects of code development
- Implement clear, easy to maintain, high quality code that is optimized for performance.
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Report task status to the Lead Software Engineer and the project management team.
- Assist in the production of robust development lifecycles and suitable workflows and for both Software and Hardware architectures.
- Produce technical and detailed design documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Specify, design and de-risk solutions for Industrial networking hardware such as switches, gateways and interface convertors.
- Develop and integrate industrial communications using industrial fieldbus technology.
- Implement data communications with third party equipment.
- Validate software concept designs through analysis and de-risking test.
- Provide SME support to engineering teams as required.
- Work with subcontractors to investigate and develop solutions.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
- Conduct / support Factory Acceptance Tests with sub suppliers and customers.
Essential qualifications / competency requirements
- Design and integration of PLC & SCADA Control Systems.
- An understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection Model (OSI).
- Experienced in the development and implementation of Industrial Communication protocols including but not limited to: Profibus, Profinet, Profisafe, Ethernet/IP, Modbus, TCP/IP, UDP, OPC (DA/UA).
- Experienced in the development and integration of serial data communications such as: RS232, RS422 and RS485.
- An understanding of Industrial Communication standards such as: IEC61158, 61784, 61850
- Experienced in the implementation of networking technologies such as but not limited:
- Layers 2 & 3 management
- Transport Layer Security
- Simple Network Management Protocol
- Have an understanding of Secure & Safe data communications with experience of Black Channel communications
- Experience with unit test frameworks
- Experience of Software Configuration Management and version control
- 3+ years systems design and programming experience
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. Control Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering
- Strong IT skills, in particular with MS Office products
In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible for UK security clearance.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search