Our client is world renowned manufacturer of next generation fibre and optic products which are utilised within semiconductor applications and medical diagnostic devices, they utilise highly sophisticated laser production techniques in order to meet growing demand from their global customer base.
They are currently in a phase of rapid growth and expansion from both a people perspective and capital expenditure in their Hamble based facility.
Their products are innovative and complex and their ethos is low volume and high quality.
This role offers applicants the chance to learn about and work with ever evolving new technologies, it also offers the prospect of career progression as well as training and development.
Qioptiq are part of the Excelitas Group who are a global leader in providing next generation technology solutions to their customers.
Software Product Design
- Assess technical viability
- Compile specifications for a project (Currently within DevOps)
- Propose conceptual designs and produce a test plan if required.
- Code product software to meet design specifications
- Document code so that it can be maintained, built, tested and inspected
- Perform any unit test and final user acceptance testing as needed or outlined in a test plan.
- Investigate and resolve problems and product failures after release
Process Automation Improvements
- Design & code automated solutions for production processes that use motorized stages, USB interfaced equipment and operator inputs.
- Design & code data collection and management systems with SQL database, including viewers and analysis of stored data.
- Provide technical solutions, training and technical support to other departments as required
- Support for Production and Production Engineering teams
- Observe and promote safe working practices at all times
- Ensure compliance with the company QMS
- Protect company IP in line with agreed strategy
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Project Manager
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in Microsoft Development platform using C#, and software development process.
- Experience in SQL database interactions with C#.
- Experience in development of software process from requirements through to test.
- Experience or good knowledge of micro-services.
- Practical experience in connecting to devices via serial or Ethernet.
- Good verbal and written communication skills appropriate to a highly technical environment.
- Strong independent worker, aware of the need to adhere to company architecture.
- Able to fault find software issues with end users. (e.g. production technicians.)
- GUI Design based on Web server interface into a micro-service.
- Web server and HTML experience.
- Have worked in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of structuring relational databases.
- Experience programming in Python.
Qioptiq pride themselves on their values and promote an open, honest and approachable culture throughout their business.
As well as market leading salaries this role also comes with a fantastic benefits package: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 5% profit share bonus scheme, Private Medical Insurance, Cash Plan, contributory pension (matched up to 7.5%), life assurance.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search