We are currently working with one of the leading FM companies in the UK to support one of their clients in Aldermaston, Berkshire with the recruitment of a number of Site Maintenance Engineers to cover the site on a 24/7 basis.
The team will be providing technical support for all critical infrastructures during planned and reactive tasks to ensure sites high level of availability.
Key Duties will include
- Preventative maintenance and fault diagnosis.
- Support and facilitate technical subcontractors/vendors during planned or reactive service visits and minor works.
- To monitor and perform routine tests of the temperatures, humidity and space conditions.
- Undertake daily plant walk rounds to note and proactively repair any defects and to maintain plant rooms in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Manage, rectify and record defects through the helpdesk
- Review RAMS (Risk assessment and method statements) and subcontractor competencies before work permits are authorised.
- Escalate any issue that effect the availability, health and safety and security of the site.
- Ensure compliance with Health and safety requirements.
- Maintain water systems and records in accordance with L8 Legislation.
- Provide innovative solutions and recommendations to improve building, plant and system energy efficiency.
- Develop relationships with the client and assist his nominated audit teams.
The ideal Candidate will have
- A valid UK driving license.
- Critical site experience
- Served a full Technical Apprenticeship and hold a technical qualification as an electrical engineer (C&G, HNC, ONC etc).
- Good knowledge of Generators, Cooling systems and UPS systems.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Good understanding of LV distribution systems.
- Able to organise and manage own workload.
- Positive proactive attitude and can take ownership of the site.
- Aware of site critically and work risks.
- Good admin skills with Microsoft packages.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.