CAD Draughtsman CardiffA leading Fabricator and Installer of Architectural Aluminium products into the Construction Sector due to their continued success are looking for a Draughtsman...
We are currently seeking a CAD Designer to assist in the production of our homes.
- Liaising with our Sales Representatives to create home plans to meet the customer's individual requirements. This can involve making multiple amendments to plans from our large catalogue of standard models or creating fully bespoke customised plans from scratch. All plans are largely 2D with floor plans and elevations.
- Dealing with customers and advising them on the design of their proposed park home. Working to make their ideas and requirements a practical reality.
- Preparing and checking the customers final plan, so it includes any details needed for the factory production of the home.
- Dealing with factory floor personnel to answer queries and find solutions to any number of manufacturing issues during the build process of the home.
- Dealing with the purchasing departments to ensure the correct products are pre-ordered in readiness for the production of the home.
- Producing individual component drawings for a number of elements that go into making a Park Home. Examples include timber frame partition drawings which involve producing clear and precise drawings indicating individual timber sizes with apertures for any windows and doors within the partition wall. Granite work top plans are produced showing sizes and positions of openings for sinks & hobs etc. Customised designs of kitchen, bedroom or bathroom units made by our in house mill facility. Roof truss drawings and steel chassis drawings are also required for bespoke designs or new models.
- Data inputting a home's thermal properties and energy consuming products i.e. lights and boilers into an Energy Efficiency Calculator (EEC) used for grading a home's energy performance rating.
- Using the relevant British Standards to ensure the home complies with minimum health and safety requirements. This can involve ensuring adequate percentage of glazed window areas within rooms, suitable fire escapes provided, correct ventilation supply and appliance conformity, for example checking that products within the home have the relevant certificates of conformity and are fit for purpose.
- General Kitchen design- working to create customers desired kitchen layout, creating floor plans and elevations of units where needed. Bedrooms and some bathrooms also come with fully fitted furniture which can require design changes to suit customer's needs.
- Ensuring that the Sales, Purchasing and Production departments have the relevant plans as and when they are needed. Distribution of large numbers of plans both in paper and electronic formats.
- Deputise for department manager
- Taking on specific projects set by the department manager that will aid in the development of our range of products.
This list is not exhaustive and the jobholder may be expected to undertake any duties within their capability, to meet business needs.
Essential Skills and Experience-
- Demonstrable experience of working within tight timeframes.
- Excellent attention to detail with a capability to produce accurate work.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Experience of working with CAD software
- Good communication skills
- Cooperative and a Team Player
- Motivated and Pro-active
- Ability to learn, adapt and be flexible in a manufacturing environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workloads in a pressurised environment
- Calm under pressure
- Sound decision making skills
- Creative individual who can bring new ideas
- Ability to work flexibly to the needs of the company. Specifically a willingness to work 1 Saturday in 8 (in future) at new onsite display centre. This may involve dealing with customers and/or working on any of the jobs listed in previous section.
Advantageous, but not essential-
- Timber frame building/Design experience
- General building industry experience
- Experience of Kitchen, Bedroom & bathroom design/manufacture
- A qualification and/or work experience in the design and/or manufacturing industry.
- Product design experience and/or qualification
- Full in house training will be provided where needed.
Hours of Work (34.5 hour/week)
9am -4.30 Fri
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.