Raw Materials BuyerSouth Wales We are currently supporting an internationally recognised manufacturer within the nutritional supplement industry with the recruitment of a Raw Materials Buyer...
Raw Materials Buyer
We are currently supporting an internationally recognised manufacturer within the nutritional supplement industry with the recruitment of a Raw Materials Buyer to cover maternity for a year.
Day to Day Duties include:
- Responsibility for purchasing vitamins, minerals, plant extracts, essential oils, cultures other raw materials.
- Ensuring that Purchase Orders are processed in a timely fashion to ensure delivery schedules/supplier OTIF are met/exceeded.
- Carrying out calendared tendering activities and evaluating offers prior to business award.
- Creation of robust supply contracts and review on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring all documentation is managed and stored as prescribed by the Company.
- Supporting Accounts Department with regard to the resolution of Invoice queries
- Assisting with the maintenance of the supplier database.
- Actively promoting and complying with corporate policies.
- The current supply base is primarily European, with additional sources based in China and the USA. Travel whilst infrequent will be required on occasions.
- Expediting order deliveries as/and when required.
The ideal candidate will have
- Previous experience in a similar level procurement role.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook) and practical experience of using ERP / MRP systems.
- Experience of working within a business with robust change control process
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.