Raw Materials BuyerSouth Wales We are currently supporting an internationally recognised manufacturer within the nutritional supplement industry with the recruitment of a Raw Materials Buyer...
Due to a retirement, an established but growing manufacturer is looking to recruit a Costing/Estimating Engineer to work closely with both their customers and the shopfloor.
- Liaise with internal and external customer to identify their requirements (Specification, design, quantity, special requirements)
- Estimate costs and timings of jobs Create Parts, Bills of Material and Manufacturing Routes applying best practice and methods
- Cost, quote and receive orders directly from external customers for bespoke products (working closely with the product manager)
- Liaise with suppliers on materials - specifications & prices
- Periodically recalculate and update system costs, BOMS, routes, etc
- Create manufacturing drawings and cutting sheets
- Support the business in development of new products & manufacturing methods and processes
The ideal candidate will;
- Have worked within a similar role previously and will have experience in costings and creating parts, BOMs and manufacturing routes
- More advanced understanding of MS Excel would be useful for creating and modifying cost calculators.
- Have a good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Be able to read technical drawings
- As the company grows, there will be the opportunity to develop this role so if you are looking to make a role your own, this could be the opportunity for you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.