Are you a Mechanical Technician looking for exciting new opportunities in Stevenage, Hertfordshire? If so we have a full-time, 6-month contract role available with a...
This company is a hugely successful, expanding organisation. They are a first tier supplier to some of the largest names in the Automotive Sector and are well renowned for their state of the art design and quality of their products. Due to a sustained period of growth they are now looking to add to their team in Llanelli with an ambitious and committed Purchasing Technician. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving company.
Purchasing Technician Role
- Cost reduction initiatives and strategic sourcing of assigned commodity parts
- Development of a supplier base to support production part and material requirements in line with quality, price and on-time delivery.
- Sources, assesses and negotiates with potential suppliers. Management of existing suppliers including renewal of agreements, problem solving and tracking corrective actions.
- Liaise with internal departments to find cost saving opportunities and manage critical supplier issues.
- Prepare and monitor documents i.e. blanket and tooling requisitions, cost reduction worksheets, part analysis spreadsheets and industry trends of assigned commodities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Through understanding of cost factors and ability to perform cost analysis
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, engineering or other field that is relevant to purchasing.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- High level of professionalism, integrity, honesty, be able to make independent decisions
- A second European language would be advantageous
Purchasing Technician Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Monday- Friday 39 hours per week
- Company sick pay scheme
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.