Design Engineer (Civils / Scaffolding)Carbon60 are seeking an experienced Design Engineer, with a civil engineering and scaffolding background, for a key client based in the...
Design Engineer (Civils / Scaffolding)
Carbon60 are seeking an experienced Design Engineer, with a civil engineering and scaffolding background, for a key client based in the Bristol Area.
The role would suit a qualified civil engineer who is willing to face a challenge, deal directly with customers and can who bring an excellent skill set to the table. Scaffolding design experience is highly desirable.
The Design Engineer role
- Assess customer's requirements through site visits and /or the customer's schedule to provide a value engineered solution.
- Produce drawings to customer requirements or by converting estimating drawings, providing accurate calculations, ensuring drawings comply with legislative and company requirements and procedures
- Attend customer meetings to present solutions and discuss proposals
- Provide briefings on drawings to the operations team. Provide advice and support during erection process on engineering issues
- Oversee the erection process from an engineering viewpoint including conducting site visits to inspect complex structures to ensure they are constructed to drawing/design
- Ensure that designs are in line with health and safety, produced with safety of erection and any perceived hazards clearly identified and noted on drawings
The right person will have
- A willingness to respond positively to new challenges faced by the business and to be willing to learn new skills for personal career development.
- Flexible attitude to working hours to allow the business to meet its Customer commitments and business targets.
- Demonstrable experience of design in a civils/construction environment
- Basic / intermediate structural engineering knowledge
- Maths / trigonometry and general numeracy skills
- Basic IT skills
- AutoCAD skills essential
- Ability to read and understand engineering plans and section details.
The package on offer includes a £36K to £40K salary, dependent on experience, company car and a list of other benefits.
If you are interested in the exciting new Scaffolding Design Engineer role, based in the Bristol area, please get in touch with Keeran Williams @ Carbon60.
Our office number: 02920 731187
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.