Mechanical Engineer urgently required for six month building maintenance contract in Swindon area. Successful candidate will need to have a solid mechanical engineering background with...
Carbon60 are recruiting a Mechanical Engineer for a client based in the Addlestone area. The client are one of the world's largest providers of facilities management services, with an impressive client portfolio.
The Mechanical Engineer will work within a pre-determined team and working hours will vary due to operation needs. The ideal candidate would need to be able to react to an ever changing business environment and liaise with key clients and stakeholders.
YOU WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO PASS A BPSS SECURITY CHECK
- Delivery of planned, routine and reactive maintenance to all building plant and equipment
- PPM & reactive maintenance to all client assets
- Equipment includes: Gas fires appliances, steam systems, air con, refrigeration, lighting etc.
- Test and inspection of BMS systems - fault diagnosis
- Ensure the provision of a safe and healthy working environment
- Performance and support of minor works activities
The ideal candidate:
- Formal training in: Mechanical Engineering, including HVAC, plumbing, steam plant, gas etc.
- NVQ, City & Guilds, Gas Safe or Apprenticeship qualified
- A good, general, all round knowledge of maintaining business critical systems
- Knowledge of BMS and electrical systems would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of working on high spec plant serving laboratory and office environments
- IOSH working safely or an equivalent
- Must be able to read and interpret M&E drawings
To work in this role, you will need to be able to pass a BPSS (Pre-employment) security check, as the work will all take place on a Government run site.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer based in the Addlestone area, to secure a position at a high level site, run by a prestigious client.
What you will get:
- Salary of up to £33,000 depending on experience
- Excellent onsite facilities including free parking, subsidised canteen etc.
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Retail discount scheme
For more information about this role, please call Keeran Williams @ Carbon60 on: 02920 731187 or apply directly through this job advert and we will get back to you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.