Material EngineerFilton, Bristol Looking for your next adventure are you a Material Engineer if so look no Further 'Purpose of the Role· Manage and...
We currently have a contract role for an experienced production/manufacturing engineer for a period of 3-6 months to join a growing manufacturer on the outskirts of Cardiff
- Reviewing current manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Mapping existing processes and undertake Process Activity reviews.
- Identify value added and non-value added opportunities.
- Solve manufacturing issues by performing root cause analysis and implementing solutions such as jigs and fixtures, process change or design change.
- Establish process controls for critical operations.
- Establishing product/process standard times, monitoring actual performance with the aim of reducing manufacturing labour content.
- Identification and measurement of cost saving opportunities.
- Create or modify existing Works Instructions/SOP's.
- Experienced working as a manufacturing, production or continuous improvement engineer.
- Good understanding of continuous improvement tools; 5S, Value Stream mapping, Kanban, FMEA's, SPC, Six Sigma etc.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment relating to electro-mechanical products.
- Green belt six sigma desirable
If you are available immediately and interested in making a difference, we want to hear from you
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.