Electromagnetic Design Engineer
Carbon60 are recruiting an Electromagnetic Design Engineer for an Aerospace and Defence business, with an impressive portfolio of clients, based in the Bangor area of North Wales (5 mins from Anglesey).
The Electromagnetic Design Engineer will supplement the team, while being given the autonomy to get on with the job, file patents and play a significant part in the strategic direction of a valued and dynamic section of the business.
- Develop electrical machines (motors and generators) for helicopters, fixed wing aircraft and urban air mobility vehicles
- Projects aim to improve flight safety, efficiency of aircraft, calibration of pressure, speed, temperature, controllers, flow, pressure and release valves
- Working on high profile programs, already awarded to the business
- Integration into a Dynamic cross functional team with a 'start-up' mentality
- Attending design reviews, conferences and test activities both locally and globally
- Take on the role of the electromagnetic expert
The ideal candidate:
- 1st Bachelors, Masters or PhD in electrical or electronic engineering
- Experience of design of electrical machines
- Familiar with permanent magnets (Inner, outer rotor and axial flus)
- A detailed understanding of induction and switch reluctance
- Experience of MotorCAD and Ansys Maxwell is desirable
- Highly technical, able to work well within a team of experts
This is a great opportunity for a skilled Electromagnetic Design Engineer to join an excellent team in the Bangor area. Bringing a wealth of expertise and knowledge to the role.
What you will get:
- Salary scale: UP TO £50,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Permanent contract
- Location on the edge of the breath-taking Snowdonia National Park
- Plus more company benefits
For more information about this role, please call Carbon60 on: 02920 731187 or apply directly through this job advert and we will get back to you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.