Project Engineer -Aerospace -(Fluid Dynamics) Commutable from Southampton, Portsmouth and Chichester. Salary £40-45k. My client is seeking Project Engineer with a strong understanding of Fluid...
Carbon60 are recruiting a M&E Shift Engineer for one of the UK's largest, and well known facilities management and managed services organisations, at a site based at Porton Down (Salisbury, Wiltshire).
The Shift Engineer will work under the direction of the Head of Engineering, carrying out maintenance functions. You will work on electrical, mechanical and building maintenance and out of hours monitoring.
YOU MUST BE WILLING AND ABLE TO OBTAIN SECURITY CLEARENCE - MUST BE A UK CITIZEN
- Be the point of contact for the client, outside of normal working hours
- Ensure that all Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) is completed on schedule
- Rectify defects and ensure performance standards are met
- Carry out reactive and routine maintenance work associated with all equipment
- Supervise specialist contractors to ensure all documentation is completed correctly
- Liaise with the security team to ensure issues are responded to in a timely manner
- Respond to requests made by the help-desk
The ideal candidate:
- Time served apprenticeship or qualification in a refrigeration, mechanical or electrical discipline
- A multi-skilled background with a good understanding of HVAC and steam services
- Experience of preparation and operation of planned maintenance
- The ability to liaise and communicate with specialist contractors
- Exposure to the pharmaceutical, healthcare or processing industries would be an advantage
- Understanding A/C systems is desirable
- Able to work shift patterns and cover call-outs
- WILLING AND ABLE TO OBTAIN SECURITY CLEARENCE
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Shift Engineer to work for a world leading company at their high security site in Salisbury, Wiltshire.
What you will get:
- Permanent contract
- Salary of up to £32,000 per annum + Shift allowance of approx. £500 per month
- Good overtime rates
- Excellent company benefits
For more information about this role, please call Carbon60 on: 02920 731187 or apply directly through this job advert and we will get back to you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.