Shift EngineerCarbon60 are recruiting a M&E Shift Engineer for one of the UK's largest, and well known facilities management and managed services organisations, at a...
Fire Alarm Installation Engineer
Carbon60 are recruiting a Fire Alarm Installation Engineer for one of the UK's largest, and well known facilities management and managed services organisations, for a site based in Berkshire.
The Engineer will carry out Installation works on both new and existing fire detection and alarm systems, working at either Aldermaston or Burghfield.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a high security site, security and background checks will be carried out on successful candidates.
- Installation of fire detection and alarm systems
- Working to BS5839 Part 1 2017 and BRE/LPS1014 installation rules
- Attend relevant training and medical assessments, as deemed necessary for working in radiological and explosive controlled areas
- Advise and report to managers on the progress of works as requested
- Control and manage tools and plant on site to ensure that resources are kept in accordance with site rules
- Ensure all relevant engineering practices are adhered to
The ideal candidate:
- Hold a City and Guilds 236 pts 1 & 2 electrical installation or equivalent
- Proven ability to install containment and cabling, specifically related to fire detection and alarm systems
- Proven experience on working in industrial environments
- Hold a 18thEdition Electrical certificate
- Proven knowledge of relevant fire standards (BS 5839 Pt 1 2017, BS 6266 Pt 1 2013, BS 7273)
- Trained to FIA standards Units 1 (Fire Detection Design) & Unit 4 (Installation and Testing)
- Full Driving licence is necessary
- YOU MUST BE WILLING AND ABLE TO CARRY OUT A FULL SECURITY CHECK - THIS IS A HIGH SECURITY SITE
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Fire Alarm Installation Engineer to work at two interesting and prestigious sites based in Berkshire.
What you will get:
- Permanent contract
- Day shifts (7:45 to 16:30), 9 day fortnight
- Company benefits
- Salary up to £32,000 per annum + on site benefits
For more information about this role, please call Carbon60 on: 02920 731187 or apply directly through this job advert and we will get back to you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.