Carbon60 are looking for an Estimator (Mechancial) for a staff position based in the Motherwell area.DutiesEnsuring the efficient operation of all systems in accordance with...
Carbon60's clients long established Main Contract works division successfully uses the varied in-house resources of the group to offer clients a single point of contact for their project requirements wither it be traditional contracting, design and build or full turnkey developments. Due to continuous expansion they are seeking an Estimator with a Civils/Building background to join their main contract estimating team.
Key Activities will include but not limited to:·
- Responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for Civil/Building projects
- Examine incoming tenders and review contract potential
- Measuring & 'Quantity Take-Off' from drawings
- Producing Bills Of Quantities
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries
- Build up tender price from first principles based on the scope of works, plans, specification, programme
- Cost planning
- Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication.
- Attend pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
- Collect and distribute of feedback.
- Investigate cost effective and/or alternative solutions.
- Input data entry onto estimating software.
- Comply with BHC Ltd procedures.
- Maintain awareness of latest techniques.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
- Ideally with 5 years or more of proven estimating experience with large Civils or Main Contract Companies
- HNC or degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering. Not critical for an experienced estimator
- Experienced with various Forms of Contract, such as JCT and NEC, relevant to Civils/Building works as well as various methods of measurement including SMM7 & NRM2.
- Experience in Design & Build as well as other standard construction types of construction work
- A team player who is a confident communicator with all members of staff.
- Estimating software experience preferably Causeway.
- Site experience is advantageous.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.