Airframe Development and Support EngineerI am currently seeking a Development and Support Engineer, with expertise in Airframes, for a European Multinational Space and Defence Company,...
Aerospace Brake Engineer
Interested in working as an Aerospace brake engineer for an Aerospace and Defence Company this may be the role for you!
The world's leading Aircraft manufacturer has an opportunity to work within its Engineering teams at Filton, Bristol.
The role has been created in the Landing Gear CoC for a Carbon-Carbon Composite Brake Manufacturing & Materials Engineering Specialist, based in Bristol, UK, reporting functionally and operationally within the Landing Gear organization.
Within the Landing Gear Engineering Systems community, you will be responsible for providing produce design knowledge, Manufacturing & Material Engineering expertise for Carbon-Carbon Composite brake material and the Wheel and Brake as a whole product
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and mature the Technology Roadmap associated with the product and strategic business needs
- Participate in the Development of parametric design capability
- Develop a catalogue of best practices around the design and manufacturability of the product
- Contributes to secure design manufacturability in support to designers
- Identify key design drivers between components within the product
- Landing Gear Carbon Carbon Brake Manufacturing Engineering expertise (manufacturing processes, technologies, machines, key characteristics, carbon brake performance manufacturing drivers, key characteristics)
- Awareness of suppliers contractual framework
- Project management experience
- Awareness of manufacturing control applicable to aerospace applications
- Good communication skills (ability to influence and convince stakeholders, and to present at all business levels)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.