My client is looking to recruit a facilities assistant in manchester with immediate effect.
To provide professional and effective service which encompasses stores, handyman and porterage duties within the site
ensuring its efficient and smooth operation.
- The monitoring of the security systems and general administration.
- Carry out administrative duties for facilities which include collating waste figures, processing payments to sub contractors and formulating minutes of meetings between contractors.
- Management of day to day inventory and stock control
- Control all stock from goods inwards to despatch
- Maintain and control stock levels
- To source material and tooling for all related technical jobs
- Processing orders and delivery of spare parts, components and lab equipment
- Distribution of parts to technicians
- To load and unload deliveries
- Source, develop and maintain relationship with suppliers and subcontractors
- Adherence to all client processes for laboratory conditions
- Contribution to the smooth running of the laboratories by carrying out a range of non project procedures
- Ensure maximum stock levels at all times
- Reduced down time due to lack of available stock
- Painting as directed the interior and exterior of areas.
- Repairing any damage to walls and filling in small cracks/holes.
- Repairing damage to wallpaper.
- Carrying out any ad-hoc maintenance requests.
- To ensure that clients are subjected to minimum disruptions whist work is carried out.
- As required assess porterage jobs and complete relevant H&S risk assessments, ensuring all staff undertaking the task are appropriately briefed and aware of their responsibilities
- Sorting, delivery and collection of post across site as directed by the Site Manager.
- Moving of office furniture and equipment, ensuring compliance with manual handling, risk assessments and method statements
- Moving of stores and equipment, ensuring compliance with manual handling, risk assessments, method statements and client specific access permits and equipment move and store procedures
- Reconfiguring meeting and conference room furniture and equipment as directed.
- Carrying out and completion of porterage help desk tasks as requested
- To carry out PPM and reactive tasks as instructed
- Carry out minor mechanical works and handyman tasks
- Provide assistance to third parties as and when required
- Act upon reasonable requests and instructions from Site Supervisor, Contracts Manager and Client
- Assistance on other sites can be expected
- To work reasonable overtime as and when required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous stores experience is ideal
- Full driving license
- Technical expertise, qualifications in a craft skill or engineering discipline would be an important pre-requisite of the role
- Knowledge of key operational procedures, e.g. timesheets, planned maintenance systems, Quality, Health & Safety
- Previous experience in a front facing customer service skills
- Sound administrative experience
- Good telephone manner
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and an understanding of a SMMS (maintenance system)
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Flexible will work with other trades
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written formats
- Must be willing to undertake further training
This is initially a contract role until the end of March with the possibility of a permanent position
Working hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Pay rate is £14ph PAYE
For further details please call Andrew on 07734743454
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search