We are currently recruiting for a Multi Skilled Technician to be based on our client site in Ware.
Assist the utilities team leader & Engineering supervisor on all works relating to Operational matters, Regulatory and Statutory compliance. Ensure that you work to client Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety procedure and the Company IMS as it applies to the Contract.
To ensure maximum availability of engineering equipment utilizing safe, efficient, planned maintenance service and fault resolution. To provide comprehensive technical support for project, commissioning and hand-over work.
Liaise with the users and planning department to adjust schedules in line with company GxP guidelines and KPI's.
Communicate with the user and the Engineering department of progress to date and advice on any delays to maintenance schedules or processing plans in a prompt and professional manner.
To carry out the duties expected of a Technician.
Maintain and monitor plant 24/7
To take the lead in specific jobs and to direct other craftspersons, technicians or contractors who may be in assistance.
To investigate, diagnose and rectify faults to a proven level of competency.
Carry out isolations to Company standards to enable the safe disconnection of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- To check, test, set and adjust electrical and mechanical equipment to the levels to their proven competence.
- To operate and monitor plant items and services and to maintain such systems including the addition of chemicals and lubricants in accordance with current COSHH regulations.
To carry out their duties in compliance with procedures and their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
To record in writing or by the use of computers, various information such as work done, time taken, material used etc, in the appropriate equipment log book or asset history file in accordance with GxP record retention where required.
To issue and receive Permits-to-Work and related certificates.
To maintain cGxP standards with regards to cleanliness in work areas and of plant and equipment where required.
To carry out various tasks on BMS
To be involved in special project teams which could involve cross site working and assist with other areas where required.
To liaise with and assist the Utilities Supervisor in the generation and reviewing of assets/PPM's and for the prioritising of the day to day work, i.e. PPM's and SSR's to ensure compliance with SOP's and SLA's.
Ensure the PPE mandate is adhered to at all times.
- To attend technical seminars and training courses as appropriate
- The ideal candidate will have the 18th edition electrical C&G certificate or be willing to complete the course. Qualified to C&G 2360.
- The candidate will be qualified and/or trained in other building service disciplines including HVCA and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a building service environment.
- The candidate will be articulate, numerate and IT literate.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Being commercially aware puts the candidate at an advantage.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a full and thorough understanding of operational health & safety.
- Have good decision-making and communications skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
For further information please contact Andrew on 07734743454
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted