Job Title: Purchasing & Planning Assistant
Reporting to: Purchasing Manager
The Purchasing & Planning Assistant will help maintain our supply inventory levels and assists with the negotiation process with potential vendors. They will help prepare production schedules for manufacturing that meets & exceeds the shipping dates according to sales orders.
The Purchasing & Planning Assistant will be responsible for learning company policies and procedures to support maintaining inventory levels required for effective company operation. They will ensure goods manufactured in a cost-effective way that meets quality specifications.
The successful candidate will also be charged with conducting regular price comparisons to ensure that the company is always getting the best price for each product that is purchased.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update internal databases with order details
- Evaluate offers from suppliers and support the negotiation of better prices
- Maintain updated records of Supplier details and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
- Plan and control set areas within the company and ensure where possible accurate forward planning is achieved.
- Liaises with customer service to determine customer requirements.
- Liaises with purchasing, and the production manager, to ensure all workers, materials, and machinery will be available when required.
- Develops a production schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed by to meet predicted completion date.
- Works with the team leaders monitoring the production progress to ensure the production plan is being achieved efficiently. Overcoming any obstacles in a safe and controlled manner.
- Organises project paperwork, including job cards, pickers etc. Keeps a controlled record as required.
- Assists with daily / weekly cycle counts to maintain high levels of inventory accuracy.
- All administration linked to planning.
- Work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Planner, office admin or similar role
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Solid organizational skills
- Able to create and administer a task priority list based on company needs
For further details please call Andrew on 07734743454
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search