My client is looking to recruit a receptionint with immediate effect in Newark
To provide a professional and dedicated reception servicePrincipal Accountabilities:
- Answering the switchboard in an efficient and professional manner, within a target of 5 rings
Callers are to be announced when put through the relevant extension, with messages to be taken if the call cannot be taken at that time. All messages to have time, date, caller's name company, contact no and reason for call, if appropriate. Messages must be passed to the recipient promptly.
- Greeting visitors ensuring all names and details are logged and recorded in the visitor's book on reception and notifying the appropriate member of staff. All visitors must have appointments and be accompanied at all times.
- Assist with maintaining the telephone extension list and ensuring all appropriate staff are provided with an up to date copy.
- To update notice boards with internal announcements and current vacancies. To ensure all notice boards are kept tidy.
- To project a professional and positive image at all times to both internal and external customers.
- To ensure that security processes regarding the access of staff and visitors are adhered to.
- To assist with the distribution of incoming faxes, particularly those marked urgent, and notification to relevant person on receipt to reception.
- To keep a close view of the car park and advise members of staff or visitors if they have parked inappropriately.
- To provide back up cover for the Post Room in periods of absence or sickness.
- To assist with meeting room bookings, ordering refreshments and making tea and coffee, when required.
- To oversee the buildings archive storage room and ensure it is kept tidy. To oversee the buildings archive log and liaise with departments to ensure archiving is carried out on a regular basis.
- To ensure company Brochures are at hand within the Reception area.
- To assist Management Assistant with ad hoc duties.
- To provide back-up administration support as and when required.
- To uphold and promote the good name of the client at all times.
- To operate a clear desk policy and be responsible for general tidiness and housekeeping within the Reception area.
- To develop an understanding of the client in order to improve personal contribution to the company and all staff interacted with.
- To carry out as requested any other office duties, which are normal custom and practice.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good communication skills
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Use of own initiative
- Personable, approachable and able to work as part of a team
- Extensive reception experience
- Good switchboard skills
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
This role is initially up to and including the 1st July 2022 with the possibility of a permanent position
Working hours are 7.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday
Pay rate is £10ph PAYE
For further details please call Andrew on 07734743454
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search