Our client are a leading name in the world of Facilities Management, with a worldwide footprint in providing support to a true blue chip client...
Job title: Logistics Cell Leader & Materials Improvement
We are looking for a dynamic and talented professional to join our client's team at their site in Skelmersdale. Working within the Global Supply Chain division you will be responsible for delivering a wide range of projects to support the growth of their business.
Be the cell leader for the site logistics team, overseeing goods receipt, warehousing, packaging and inventory control. In addition, drive and implement process improvements across the different teams in materials management, such as procurement, planning and shipping. Be part of global initiative projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of hourly workforce, such that internal and external fulfilment is achieved
- Drive productivity and ergonomic improvements in the cell
- Continue development of lean & safety culture within the team including training of workforce
- Improve inventory control and own inventory accuracy
- Structuring and implementing projects for short, medium and long term
- Conducting root cause analysis and mitigation
- Apply analytics to understand data and determine actions
- Support the other teams in materials management to drive process improvement
- Drive and own specific inventory reduction projects
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- Proven experience in Lean
- Proven experience in leading team
- Proven use of statistical tools to identify and drive process improvement
- Demonstrated time, workload and delegation management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment or independently on multiple projects with strict completion deadlines
- Good writing skills, accuracy and an eye for detail are essential, as well as the ability to work to a tight deadline
- Change agent
- Process mapping
- Confident use of Microsoft office applications
- Degree in industrial engineering or other engineering field
- Green Belt
- NCA trained
- APICS CPIM
- Experience of ERP systems (SAP, MAPICS, SAGE)
- Structured problem solver
- Driven, enthusiastic, initiator and "go getter"
Duration: this position is initially a 6 month contract but there is a strong possibility that this will go permanent.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.