There is an excellent temporary opportunity for a Buyer to work for a world leading manufacturing company around Monmouthshire area.
The Buyer Role:
- Coordinate Purchase activities
- Monitor project status, and escalate project deviations, opportunities and risks, including but not limited to cost, quality, delivery, supplier to senior management
- Coordinate and lead efforts to identify and implement cost reduction opportunities through the development of commodity strategies supported by benchmark activities and detailed analysis
- Responsible for commercial and contractual negotiations with suppliers
- Manage supply base to include implementation or renewal of agreements, contract terms, and assisting suppliers
- Lead or coordinate Quality, Cost, Delivery, Development & Management assessments for potential new suppliers, and ensure suppliers accept targets and that they have a plan to achieve these
- Effectively interact with other business units and/or regional purchasing employees, departments and/or manufacturing plant personnel.
- Have sufficient Experience within a Buyer role
- Certified as a Green Belt or similar problem-solving / process improvement methodology would be an advantage
The Buyer would have the knowledge of the following:
- Experience with Purchasing processes and Purchasing systems
- Familiarity with MRP systems (i.e. SAP)
- Proficient user of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Possess a high level of independent judgement, professionalism, integrity and honesty, and a record of obtaining goal-oriented results.
If you would like to apply - please send your CV for immediate consideration to Adrienn Turoczi
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.