Purchasing Clerk A major player in the Electronics industry is currently recruiting for an enthusiastic Purchasing Clerk to support their Purchasing team in Cwmbran.This is...
A major player in the Electronics industry is currently recruiting for an enthusiastic Purchasing Clerk to support their Purchasing team in Cwmbran.
This is an excellent opportunity for a forward thinking individual to join a vibrant organisation who are continuously expanding.
The Purchasing Clerk will be reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager and will have the responsibility for operational buying for the PCB and Surface Mount Technology lines, and there will be other purchasing required.
- To support the Purchasing Manager by taking a proactive role in identifying opportunities to reduce component lead times/ Minimum Order Quantities and prices
- Issuing quotations
- Dealing with material issues
- Managing suppliers to achieve quality and delivery
- Update and maintain information, both physically and electronically on the computer system, relating to Customers and Suppliers
- To contribute towards identifying projects for cost and time reduction
- Continuously strive to improve working processes
The ideal candidate will come from a similar manufacturing / technical purchasing background. As well as demonstrating technical excellence, we are looking for an organised, enthusiastic individual that eager to tackle day to day challenges and happy to work on their own as well as part of the team.
- Experience of purchasing within a manufacturing environment is essential
- Great attention to detail
- To have experience of computerised manufacturing systems (ERP, MPS)
- SAP user
- Placing, and following up Purchase orders, and expediting
- Experienced user of Microsoft packages
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of electronics
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise and multitask
- Knowledge of freight terms
- Some technical knowledge of commodities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of supplier performance management
If you are interested in the Purchasing Clerk position and would like to apply please send your CV to Adrienn
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.